[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [General] Workshop on teaching ROS during ROSCON/IROS in Vancouver

The Construct ros.discourse at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 10:03:33 UTC 2017

Dear all,

at The Construct, we thought that we could share our experience in teaching ROS with all the attendants to the ROSCON or IROS. For that, we created a half-day workshop on the Saturday after ROSCON (between ROSCON and IROS) to show how anybody can implement our teaching method based on heavy constructionism (learning by doing).

The workshop is free and will be done at the same location of the two conferences.

More information [here]( http://www.theconstructsim.com/workshop-roscon-vancouver)

Schedule details:

09:30 to 10:00-	THE THEORY BEHIND THE METHOD
The Constructionism Approach:
1. Deconstruction
2. Removing
3. Learning
4. Practicing

10:00 to 12:00-	HOW TO IMPLEMENT THE THEORY FOR A ROS COURSE
The Notebook-Simulation Approach:
1. Creating the Notebooks
2. Embedding ROS Code in the Notebook
3. Embedding Real-time Graphics in the Notebook
4. Embedding Controls in the Notebook
5. Creating the Gazebo simulations
6. Connecting simulations to notebooks
7. Including projects
8. Including exams
9. Teaching Schedule

12:00 to 12:30-	AN ALREADY EXISTING ONLINE SYSTEM
Experience how all that looks online

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/workshop-on-teaching-ros-during-roscon-iros-in-vancouver/2541/1) or reply to this email to respond.