[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] DDS vendor interop -- anybody tried it lately?

Brannon King ros.discourse at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 18:36:40 UTC 2017

I recently attempted to make ROS2 on CoreDX talk to ROS2 on FastRTPS. I also attempted to use ROS2 on OpenSplice to talk to ROS2 on FastRTPS. I couldn't get anybody to talk to each other. I followed various guides I found on the internet to achieve supposed compatibility. I even captured some data on the wire, where I discovered that they all use different ports these days. Do we have some rule for utilizing the ROD_DOMAIN_ID and which port that puts you on?

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/dds-vendor-interop-anybody-tried-it-lately/3340/1) or reply to this email to respond.