[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] DDS vendor interop -- anybody tried it lately?

Dirk Thomas ros.discourse at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 18:53:07 UTC 2017

The last release (beta 3) was tested with FastRTPS, Connext, and OpenSplice and our test suite already performs cross vendor testing between all available rmw implementation. So in general: yes it works.

Recent changes on the `master` branches broke OpenSplice support (see [rmw_opensplice#217](https://github.com/ros2/rmw_opensplice/pull/217)) but that is something we will hopefully be able to resolve soon.

I can't speak for CoreDX since we don't test with it on our CI system.

In general you must use the same `ROD_DOMAIN_ID` / DDS domain id in order for participants to talk to each other. The rmw implementations already take care about other configuration settings (e.g. enable loopback and not only used vendor-specific shared memory).

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/dds-vendor-interop-anybody-tried-it-lately/3340/2) or reply to this email to respond.