[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [General] What do people think of the RoboWare IDE?

JeffGao ros.discourse at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 19:30:53 UTC 2017

Hi, I'm Jeff, software engineer from Tonyrobotics. As an IDE, RoboWare provides features such as auto-completion, go-to-definition, breakpoint, debugging, etc., which is suitable for ROS beginners and is easy to install without additional configuration. When handling ROS packages and nodes, it can help you do a lot of work under the hood, eliminating the hassle of typing commands and manually modifying files. As Lentin says, RoboWare starts ROS  commands in a graphical way, and it's a great convenience for beginners who aren't familiar with Linux. We may not be paying much attention to the Python problem before, we will improve it later. In addition, ROS is safe, we have a plan for its open source. Thank you for your attention, welcome your feedback to help us make RoboWare better!

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/what-do-people-think-of-the-roboware-ide/3322/3) or reply to this email to respond.