[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] ROS2: anything equivalent to topic_tools:ShapeShifter?

Davide Faconti ros.discourse at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 16:46:36 UTC 2017

Hi,

I am start looking at the source code of ROS2 to understand how message are serialized.
My goal is to update [ros_type_introspection](https://github.com/facontidavide/ros_type_introspection) to ROS2.

I GUESS that serialization details are defined by the middleware (OpenSplice, eProsilica, etc), aren't them?

Is there anything equivalent to [topic_tools:ShapeShifter](http://docs.ros.org/diamondback/api/topic_tools/html/classtopic__tools_1_1ShapeShifter.html).? Is it even possible to have something that works similarly?

Is there any way in ROS2 to introspect the content of a message at run-time?

Cheers

Davide

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros2-anything-equivalent-to-topic-tools-shapeshifter/3393/1) or reply to this email to respond.