[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] ROS2: anything equivalent to topic_tools:ShapeShifter?

Dirk Thomas ros.discourse at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 09:43:54 UTC 2017

[quote="facontidavide, post:7, topic:3393"]
A) I guess that the first step is to add to ROSIDL the equivalent of ros::message_traits::Definition< Type >::value(). Preferably expressed as JSON or XML format.
[/quote]

I assume the value should contain the message description in a readable format. Why should that be provided through a language specific symbol? I would suggest to provide this information through the ament resource index which would make it available across languages.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros2-anything-equivalent-to-topic-tools-shapeshifter/3393/8) or reply to this email to respond.