[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS/Troubleshooting] Import error No module named 'rclpy._rclpy' cross compiling

Mikael Arguedas ros.discourse at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 13:51:28 UTC 2017

@LanderU can you please open an issue on the [rclpy repository](https://github.com/ros2/rclpy/) with all the information regarding your setup and your install ?

Regarding cross-compilation, sorry @abilbaotm for missing this thread.  AFAIK we haven't tried to cross-compile the Python stack. The logic of the python imports has changes quite a bit since beta2 so the situation may be different today. If you happen to be willing to give it another shot and report here with the details of how you defined and linked against your targets' python libraries that would be helpful.
In the meantime for ARM users we do provide ros2 debs for aarch64 on repo.ros2.org and nightly aarch64 builds [here](http://ci.ros2.org/view/packaging/job/packaging_linux-aarch64/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/).

Thanks you both for reporting these issues

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/import-error-no-module-named-rclpy--rclpy-cross-compiling/2463/3) or reply to this email to respond.