[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] ROS2 application development in visual studio 2017 or 2015 (win 10 x64)

Mikael Arguedas ros.discourse at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 13:32:51 UTC 2017

Can you try to build in `Release` mode rather than `Debug` (can be selected in the tool bar at the top of the VS window) ?

If you build in Debug mode you need to add the debug libraries (note the trailing d) "libfastcdr-1.0**d**.lib". Our binaries provide only the Release libraries so you'll need to build the stack from source if you want to build `Debug` libraries.

Also, If you want to try ROS2 examples and build on top of them I encourage you to look at the examples in https://github.com/ros2/examples/. The examples you are trying to build right now are pure Fast-RTPS examples (installed by Fast-RTPS) and don't use ROS 2

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros2-application-development-in-visual-studio-2017-or-2015-win-10-x64/3464/7) or reply to this email to respond.