[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Initializing ROS 2 parameters

Konstantin Schauwecker ros.discourse at gmail.com
Wed Dec 27 11:50:23 UTC 2017

Sorry for asking this seemingly noob question, but I wasn't able to find the answer anywhere: How can you set a parameter to an initial value when launching a node?

I understand that ROS 2 will use a python based launch system, which isn't yet available (is that still so?).  On the github page for the new launch system there were some few examples, but they didn't seem to set any parameters.

I would have assumed that parameters can be set through command line arguments, like it was possible in ROS 1. Certainly the ROS 1 syntax doesn't work anymore. I wasn't able to locate any code that parses parameters in the RCL github repository. Is this functionality not yet implemented? Is it recommended to just use ordinary command line arguments instead (through getop etc.)?

Thanks

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/initializing-ros-2-parameters/3542/1) or reply to this email to respond.