[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Initializing ROS 2 parameters

Geoffrey Biggs ros.discourse at gmail.com
Thu Dec 28 22:33:32 UTC 2017

[quote="wjwwood, post:4, topic:3542"]
Even with that we still need to find a way to support initializing the parameters with the nodelet style of loading a node, where you run a process and then dynamically load your node into that process with a service call.
[/quote]

Although it's not necessarily the best way, one way we have used successfully to do this is to pass a string containing the parameters formatted like the arguments to a URL ("blurgle.com?arg1=val1&arg2=val2" etc.). The advantage of this approach is that it's easy to adapt to different styles of service call. The disadvantage is translating all parameters to text, which must be reparsed, and it being unwieldy for complex data structures.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/initializing-ros-2-parameters/3542/5) or reply to this email to respond.