[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [OpenEmbedded] Catkin_make error building package on machine after image install

Hunter L. Allen ros.discourse at gmail.com
Thu Dec 28 22:35:39 UTC 2017

[quote="joek, post:5, topic:3549"]
I am currently working on a workaround to allow me to build the package using bitbake instead of on target.
[/quote]

If this package you're compiling has been released, there's a good chance you can use [superflore](https://github.com/ros-infrastructure/superflore) to generate the recipe. I've been working on automating the Open Embedded releases so they can parallel the Gentoo releases.

While things are not quite there, they are close. I'm not an expert, so any ideas as to what is blocking me would be great. You can find my current status on the issues for [my fork](https://github.com/allenh1/meta-ros) of `meta-ros`.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/catkin-make-error-building-package-on-machine-after-image-install/3549/6) or reply to this email to respond.