[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [MoveIt! Developers] Maintainer Meeting Recap - November 30th

Dave Coleman ros.discourse at gmail.com
Sun Dec 31 17:11:20 UTC 2017

Topics:

* World MoveIt! Day recap
* Branching for Lunar
* Task-planning framework
* New website & tutorials
* Contributor code of conduct
* Next release
* ROS 2.0 update

Attendees

* Michael v4hn Grner
* Robert Haschke
* Isaac IY Saito
* Jorge Nicho
* Dave Coleman
* Ian McMahon
* Bence Magyar
* Jonathan Binney

Summary

* World MoveIt! Day recap
  * Overall successful event with 100+ participants
  * Issues at various locations regarding setup of computers, teaching brand new users
  * A lessons learned document was collected for next year's event planning
* Branching for Lunar
  * No need to branch for Lunar, will just branch for ROS-Melodic
  * We are ready to branch whenever, just need a motivational breaking change and someone to put the effort into making the branches
* Task-planning framework
  * Robert and Michael have been co-developing a new task planning framework between their two labs
  * Uses default MoveIt! components but replaces the unfinished MoveIt! Pick Place pipeline
* New website & tutorials
  * Still in process on finding funding for this initiative
* Contributor code of conduct
  * Maintainers aren't thrilled about it but if we can find one that doesn't hold the maintainers highly responsible one could be merged in
* Next release
  * Isaac will be working on this in the coming weeks
* ROS 2.0 update
  * Still in the future due to missing ROS Actions (actionlib)

Thanks to all the maintainers who attended the meeting!

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/maintainer-meeting-recap-november-30th/3564/1) or reply to this email to respond.