[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [General] Development setup for multiple ROS distros?

v-lopez ros.discourse at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 16:19:05 UTC 2017

Thanks Dorian, I did this in the past, I wanted to try to avoid rebooting because sometimes just for a small fix on a different distro I can lose 20minutes of work just changing from one partition to the other and backwards and recovering all my setup (open terminals, IDE's, simulation running...).

I was wondering if other people faced similar problems and how they solved, specially with some tools such as docker that are so popular nowadays. I believe we're getting excellent replies and I am looking forward to get more.

When/If I manage to get docker running with the steps described above I might write a wiki page or something for future reference.

But everyone please keep contributing to the discussion.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/development-setup-for-multiple-ros-distros/1280/6) or reply to this email to respond.