[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] Deterministic replay and debugging

janismac ros.discourse at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 22:49:59 UTC 2017

[quote="facontidavide, post:7, topic:1316"]
you will be able to see precisily what happened, Since it will reply the state of the process, even if the other nodes are not running.
[/quote]

Good point! I'll have another look at it.

[quote="facontidavide, post:7, topic:1316"]
And if you can build your system using a synchronous pipeline, then it means that you abused topics and nodes in the first place
[/quote]

I agree. As I said, I want it to be **asynchronous during operation** but synchronous during analysis/debugging in such a manner that it reproduces the communication pattern / data dependency that occurred during operation.

--
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/deterministic-replay-and-debugging/1316/9) or reply to this email to respond.