[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [General] Raspberry Pi Camera Node

Rohan Agrawal ros.discourse at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 00:17:16 UTC 2017

Dear ROS community,

Many of you are running Raspberry Pi's for your robots.  Pi's are great on their own, but they are even better with the camera module, so we are proud to announce our ROS node for the Raspberry Pi camera module here: https://github.com/UbiquityRobotics/raspicam_node.

We have tested this node on both the 4.1 and 4.4 kernels from the Raspberry Pi Foundation, using an Ubuntu Image, but it should work with ROS on Raspbian as well. We have used both the original (5MP) and the newer (8MP) cameras with this node.

Some features of raspicam_node:
* Dynamic reconfigure support for camera parameters
* Fixed shutter_speed support for doing short or long exposures
* Premade calibration files for Camera V1 and V2
* Publishing compressed images using hardware encoder

Currently binary releases are not available, but we are investigating how we could provide these. https://discourse.ros.org/t/binary-release-of-raspicam-node/1387

Contributions and Bug Reports through Github Pull Requests and Issues are encouraged.

Rohan

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/raspberry-pi-camera-node/1388/1) or reply to this email to respond.