[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] Linorobot - 2WD, 4WD, Mecanum and Ackermann Steering ROS platforms

suforeman ros.discourse at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 22:34:09 UTC 2017

You have done so much work.

I have been recently developing a similar robot - the LoCoRo (low cost robot) project. I am using a Raspberry Pi 3 as the computer (others could be substituted). Similar to your Linorobot, the foundation is PWM motor drive and motor controllers. (The use of ESCs allow for high current motors). It too supports 2WD (akerman and differential drive) and 4WD (differential and Mecanum drive). (The mecanum drive currently used 3D printed wheels which I plan to open source soon). I am only at the teleop phase of development. I will read about your work to help with ideas for developing autonomous capabilities.

I choose the RPi for its ubiquity and with the expectation it will have more than enough CPU to handle computer vision (I only recently started to consider other proximity sensors) for mapping.

 Thank you for sharing all that you have done.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/linorobot-2wd-4wd-mecanum-and-ackermann-steering-ros-platforms/772/7) or reply to this email to respond.