[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [rosjava] Rosjava available for Kinetic Kame

jcerruti ros.discourse at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 18:36:00 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I just wanted to let you know that with the guidance of the great Daniel Stonier, I've taken the time to do a pass through all the oficial rosjava and android_ repos to make them available in kinetic.

This includes, roughly:
* Update all packages to version 0.3.x
* Update Android build tools (i.e.: Gradle and plug-ins) to a closer to latest version
* Release new versions of 0.3.x packages to the [rosjava maven repo](https://github.com/rosjava/rosjava_mvn_repo)
* Release rosjava packages as debian in the kinetic rosdistro (they should be available in the public apt repo on the next kinetic sync)
* Updated the most salient wiki [entry](http://wiki.ros.org/rosjava) [points](http://wiki.ros.org/android) to work with kinetic

There are still things to do, such as testing and incorporating many great contributions people have shared but haven't been merged, updating more of the wiki / documentation pages that haven't been updated yet and working on key additions. Hopefully that will continue to happen over time.

I encourage you to try this out and report (or help fix!) any important missing documentation on code nits found.

Looking forward to any comments. I hope you will find this useful.

Julian

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/rosjava-available-for-kinetic-kame/1070/1) or reply to this email to respond.