[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [general] Early preview: PlotJuggler (rqt_plot and rqt_bag on steroids)

Davide Faconti ros.discourse at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 08:42:28 UTC 2017

Hi,

both rqt_multiplot and PlotJuggler were announced mostly t the same time.
I guess we may say that they try to solve the same problem in two different ways.
In a ideal world, we might have collaborated, but we probably have different opinions in terms of UI and usability.

1) both gives the much needed ability to save the configuration/layout once you arranged your plots.
2) PlotJuggler, additionally, provides multi-window and multi-tabs
3) PlotJuggler itself is NOT a ROS application. ROS is supported through plugins.
4) Apparently rqt_multiplot focuses on live streaming from topics. PlotJuggler can load data directly from rosbags or CSV files. You can extend the loaders using custom plugins.

I am happy to receive feedback from the users about that rqt_multiplot does best :D to improve my own application.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/early-preview-plotjuggler-rqt-plot-and-rqt-bag-on-steroids/714/9) or reply to this email to respond.