[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] Suggestions for std_srvs

Maarten de Vries ros.discourse at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 15:24:06 UTC 2017

I agree something like that would be very useful. I've used a package with a bunch of similar definitions myself.

I am curious about the distinction between get and set. You added `bool success; string message` to the setters but not the getters. Why do you think one should have them but not the other? Personally I'd lean to not having them at all. You can already report failure anyway in your service handler.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/suggestions-for-std-srvs/1079/2) or reply to this email to respond.