[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [robot description formats] [URDF-NG] ROS2 URDF2 discussion

Maarten de Vries ros.discourse at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 15:35:47 UTC 2017

I tried crafting a simple single face mesh for unit tests. It was pretty harrowing, and finally I resorted to exporting one from Blender and simplifying the result instead. It is not a very friendly format for hand-editing in my opinion.

/edit: Note that that I was trying to hand-craft a mesh which isn't reasonable anyway. It may be that describing kinematic structures (lets not say chains) is much more human friendly.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/urdf-ng-ros2-urdf2-discussion/511/35) or reply to this email to respond.