[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] Suggestions for std_srvs

Maarten de Vries ros.discourse at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 16:09:59 UTC 2017

[quote="aravindadp, post:4, topic:1079"]
I did not included string message thinking the same way as you that they are probably not that required. But if it is required for consistency, I'm open to have string message (and probably bool success as well) for conveying error message/failure of result in the return message.
[/quote]

But you did include them on the setters, right? I think they're not needed for those either, since all services can return an error (including a message) already by throwing an exception in the service handler (in C++ you can also return `false`, but then you can't set a message).

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/suggestions-for-std-srvs/1079/5) or reply to this email to respond.