[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] Suggestions for std_srvs

Martin Günther ros.discourse at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 16:20:32 UTC 2017

This suggestion pops up once in a while, so there are many users stumbling about this. These services used to be included in `std_srvs` once upon a time but were intentionally removed in 2012:

Ken Conley wrote back then:

> one of the reasons we purged so many services is that its
> hard to have semantically meaningful common services. Services are
> more equivalent to method declarations, so a 'GetBool' service is
> similar to naming a method or interface, 'GetBool'. There are cases
> where such a method is reasonable, but it doesn't provide any higher
> level semantic other than the type signature.

http://lists.ros.org/lurker/message/20120201.115037.1eb65481.en.html

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/suggestions-for-std-srvs/1079/7) or reply to this email to respond.