[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] Suggestions for std_srvs

Pramuditha Aravinda ros.discourse at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 18:15:42 UTC 2017

@Martin_Guenther, @dirk-Thomas, @tfoote

Thanks for your valuable insights on rationale behind stripping down std_srvs. I also was in understanding that defining common services may not serve much purpose other than probably preventing couple of very similar looking imports from couple of packages sometimes.

So I think we are in agreement here that Those should be more semantically defined like.
[mypackage1_srvs/GetAwesomeVariable]
---
bool value

etc.

Or in fact if somebody find that his organization probably have lot of such use cases and probably should use a common service signatures they can define a company(organization) wide package for the purpose.
[myorganzation_srvs/GetBool]
---
bool value

etc.