[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] FastRTPS throughput issues

dayoung99 ros.discourse at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 18:25:09 UTC 2017

During my testing, I found that the listener is capable of keeping up at least for a time on my machine.  However, at some point, it fails to keep up, at which point it doesn't return from Spin Some, which makes sense.  However, if I close the talkers at this point, I would expect that spin_some would eventually return, which it never does.

Because I don't like dealing with high rate items (hard to see), I slowed everything down to 10 Hz (talker/listener) and started 1 talker, then 1 listener, waiting for a bit to make sure things were operating as expected, then started another 2 talkers.  It ran fine for awhile, but eventually (within 1 minute) the spin some stopped working.  At this point, I stopped all the talkers, expecting the spin some to return.  Never did.  I was able to re-start a talker and the callback was still functional, but spin some would never return.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/fastrtps-throughput-issues/625/12) or reply to this email to respond.