[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Jobs] Internship in robotics manipulation at Bosch Research and Technology Center Palo Alto, CA

Lorenzo Riano ros.discourse at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 22:58:08 UTC 2017

**Robotics Research Intern on Manipulation**

Please use the following link to submit your application: http://www.bosch.us/content/language1/html/15477.htm

The Bosch Robotics Team is looking for outstanding Masters or PhD level interns to work on robotics and related projects. As the ideal candidate you have strong technical skills, are willing to tackle challenging problems and work in a highly dynamic team.

We are working on making industrial manipulators usable by non-professionals by means of teaching. Robots should be aware of people surrounding them, adaptable to new tasks and safe.

The ideal candidate for this position will be an expert in manipulation/grasping using complex robotic systems potentially involving two manipulators. Knowledge of object recognition and pose estimation using vision or lasers is a plus. Knowledge of learning techniques applied to manipulation is a plus.

We expect the candidate to be open minded towards research problems that arise from real world applications, where standard academic solutions dont always apply. We also expect the candidate to be a team player and willingly to support the teams efforts when necessary.

We offer the possibility and encourage to publish excellent results of the internship.

Skills / Job Requirements

	Currently pursuing a M.S. or PhD in CS, or related fields
	Robotics and/or computer vision-related coursework and experience
	Proven experience developing software using C++ (Python is a plus) and ROS
	Knowledge of Linux and development on Linux systems
	Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as within a highly-motivated team environment.
	Excellent communication skills and a proven ability to deliver on challenging software development tasks.
	Experience in one or more of the research areas indicated above.

Required Application Materials

	Cover letter
	Resume/CV
	If possible, two references and/or two letters of recommendation
	Please indicate desired internship time frame

Availability: all year
Duration: 3-6 months
Location: Palo Alto, CA, USA

Please use the following link to submit your application: http://www.bosch.us/content/language1/html/15477.htm