[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [general] New Software Release Announcements

Daniel Stonier ros.discourse at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 02:10:32 UTC 2017

These days lots of software emerging in the ROS ecosystem, but really hard to be notified when they become available. I've found some nice packages by accident in the last year, but wished I'd found them a year or more earlier when they were first released. Traditionally some folk used to use ros users for announcements but that is not oft being used any longer and is non-ideal since it gets lost in the history and I expect some people are reluctant to notify to an entire list.

I'd like to see a category here for that effect. Would be great for notifications and for scanning backwards to see what _has hitherto_ been released. There is the Projects category already, but I would prefer to leave that one as a long running discussion forum on interesting projects while this new category would be strictly about announcements and not have them crowding each other.

Thoughts?

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/new-software-release-announcements/1203/1) or reply to this email to respond.