[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [general] New Software Release Announcements

Martin Günther ros.discourse at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 09:35:38 UTC 2017

> I feel the biggest challenge is to actually get people to post in the first place

True, but I think people have been actively discouraged to post too many messages to ros-users in the past. I'm in the same boat as @Daniel_Stonier: I found out about amazing packages (or amazing new functionalities, like [topic statistics](http://wiki.ros.org/rqt_graph#Topic_statistics)) only a year or more after they were initially released. Since there weren't even announcements to ros-users for those great things, it made me reluctant to announce stupid little driver packages to ros-users, because they are not relevant for 99% of all people (unless you happen to own such a device, in which the information that a driver for it is now available becomes very relevant).

Perhaps the switch to Discourse will encourage people again to post more announcements, even for small packages.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/new-software-release-announcements/1203/6) or reply to this email to respond.