[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [general] New Software Release Announcements

Martin Günther ros.discourse at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 17:17:52 UTC 2017

[quote="Daniel_Stonier, post:15, topic:1203"]
5) Binary releases only
[/quote]

I think I agree with all of @Daniel_Stonier's points. However, perhaps we should first get people to post here at all before taking measures to deal with an expected flood of posts. :slight_smile:

Also, having a binary release is only one sign that the package is high quality. This rule would exclude such projects as Google Cartographer, which are high quality, have a good test coverage + documentation, but no binary ROS release.

Anyway, I don't care too much one way or another. We can still change the rule later if it doesn't work.

https://google-cartographer-ros.readthedocs.io/en/latest/

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/new-software-release-announcements/1203/17) or reply to this email to respond.