[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [TurtleBot] Try to get turtlebot running failed (need help)

ritchie ros.discourse at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 15:55:35 UTC 2017

Hello All,

I am trying to get the turtlebot Project (Simulator) running on my system, but I do not get it to run.

I have done the following steps:

**1) Create a own workspace with**
$mkdir -p ~/turtlebot_ws/src

**2) Run catkin_make in ~/turtlebot_ws/**
$catkin_make

get the folder
- build
- devel

**3) Add the following line into my ./bashrc**

// needed to get gazepo run in VMware
export SVGA_VGPU10=0
echo export SVGA_VGPU10=0

// needed for the base installation of ROS
source /opt/ros/kinetic/setup.bash
echo source /opt/ros/kinetic/setup.bash
echo open ".bashrc" to modify the active ROS project

// for the beginner project needed
//cd ~/catkin_ws
//source devel/setup.bash
//roscd beginner_tutorials

// for the Turtlebot project needed
cd ~/turtlebot_ws
source devel/setup.bash

**4) Check the ROS variables and get the following result**
$  printenv | grep ROS

ROS_ROOT=/opt/ros/kinetic/share/ros
ROS_PACKAGE_PATH=/home/ros/turtlebot_ws/src:/opt/ros/kinetic/share
ROS_MASTER_URI=http://localhost:11311
ROSLISP_PACKAGE_DIRECTORIES=/home/ros/turtlebot_ws/devel/share/common-lisp
ROS_DISTRO=kinetic
ROS_ETC_DIR=/opt/ros/kinetic/etc/ros

**5) get the turtlebot project from git**
$~/turtlebot_ws$ git clone https://github.com/turtlebot/turtlebot.git

**6) Try to run the simulation**
$~/turtlebot_ws$roslaunch turtlebot_gazebo turtlebot_world.launch
get the follwoing error message
[turtlebot_world.launch] is neither a launch file in package [turtlebot_gazebo] nor is [turtlebot_gazebo] a launch file name
The traceback for the exception was written to the log file

**7) Run the Check installation tool "roswtf"**
an get the following result:

Loaded plugin tf.tfwtf
No package or stack in context

Static checks summary:
--
No errors or warnings

Beginning tests of your ROS graph. These may take awhile...
analyzing graph...
... done analyzing graph
running graph rules...
... done running graph rules

Online checks summary:

Found 1 warning(s).
Warnings are things that may be just fine, but are sometimes at fault

WARNING The following node subscriptions are unconnected:
 * /rosout:
   * /rosout

Can somebody help me to fix this. Maybe I have forgot something.

I have to admit, I am new in ROS, but I have already  read and execute the beginner_tutorials,
which has worked fine for me.

Best regards
Ritchie

---