[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] Still using Indigo instead of kinetic? Why?

Nikolaus Demmel ros.discourse at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 13:42:00 UTC 2017

At my previous job the main reason to stick with indigo was also avoiding the OS upgrade.

Now that I switched to Ubuntu 16.04, I must say that it still feels a lot rougher than 14.04. Basic tools like gitg are unstable and crash a lot. flashback-compiz has issues with rendering of window borders, some tray items don't work properly (dropbox...), apps using CSD are an aesthetical disaster (at least to my eye... I think its better using other desktops / themes...).

Haven't encountered any issues with Kinetic though, but I don't have much legacy code right now.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/still-using-indigo-instead-of-kinetic-why/2150/11) or reply to this email to respond.