[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] Rosshow: ASCII/Unicode art viewers for sensor message types

Dheera Venkatraman ros.discourse at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 08:25:58 UTC 2017

Hi all! First post here and first attempt to contribute so please advise if I should be posting elsewhere. I'm an MIT graduate and co-founder of a robotics startup in Palo Alto.

One of the problems I have had is that often one wants to simply visualize the output of various sensor message topics without having to fire up some complex visualization tool to answer simple questions such as whether a LIDAR is functioning or whether a camera is saturating. In many cases one simply wants to do this over ssh.

I created a tool to visualize LaserScan, Image, and NavSatFix topics using Unicode/ASCII art. PointCloud2 supported as well but no rotation of the view yet. Currently very pre-alpha and hacky. Would welcome advice on the best way to structure this, and contributions!

https://github.com/dheera/rosshow

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/rosshow-ascii-unicode-art-viewers-for-sensor-message-types/2212/1) or reply to this email to respond.