[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [TurtleBot] [TB3] Printing / Buying Waffle Plates

Ben Sand ros.discourse at gmail.com
Sun Jun 4 05:57:49 UTC 2017

I am looking to build some prototypes and would like to get 20-50 Waffle plates as an initial order.

Looking at the material cost it's about $1-10/unit for ABS ($1 for generic, $10 for ABSplus). I'm looking for a local ABS printer, but should be able to find some PLA options easily.

Shapeways is offering them for about $30 each in what I assume is ABS, or $20 in PLA.

A few questions:
1. Is there a source for injection moulded waffle plates?
2. Can anyone comment on strength and durability of PLA waffle plates, or on durability of generic ABS vs ABSplus?
3. Can the waffle plate be printed without support material? The overhang looks to me like it would be challenging, but maybe an angle can be introduced to address that.

Thanks

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/tb3-printing-buying-waffle-plates/1890/1) or reply to this email to respond.