[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Astra driver for ROS2

Secretary Birds ros.discourse at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 23:55:36 UTC 2017

I noticed there is a repo to use the astra camera in a ros2 deployment.
I forked the code and am trying to run it, and it compiles just fine, but it doesn't actually deliver any data.
I can run OpenCV and it connects and delivers data.
I can run the ROS1 driver, and it connects and delivers data.
I can run the OpenNI sample viewer, and it connects and delivers data.

So my question is:
 Am I doing something wrong in ROS2 for it to work?
 Or is this driver still under development?

I'm just putting the code into a workspace, like usual, and building it with 'ament build'.
When I run it, I see 'Starting IR stream' and 'Starting depth stream', and the topics are all there. But I don't see any data flowing.
I used CLion to breakpoint into the code, and it didn't appear that any callbacks were being activated.

Anyways, any help would be great.
Thanks!

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/astra-driver-for-ros2/1894/1) or reply to this email to respond.