[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Buildfarm] Missconfiguration leading to missing package?

Alex Gee ros.discourse at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 15:38:46 UTC 2017

Hi, I am still doing my first steps with a custom buildfarm. Now I got stuck during the "local" build when runing the script generated by "generate_devel_script.py". The code gets checkout out fine and building and testing distro packages like rviz etc works. However with my own package it thows:

> [...]
> Resolved the dependencies to the following binary packages:
>   - liblapack-dev
>   - ros-kinetic-catkin
>   - ros-kinetic-joint-state-publisher
>   - ros-kinetic-moveit-core
>   - ros-kinetic-moveit-ros-planning
>   - ros-kinetic-pluginlib
>   - ros-kinetic-robot-state-publisher
>   - ros-kinetic-roscpp
>   - ros-kinetic-rviz
>   - ros-kinetic-tf-conversions
>   - ros-kinetic-urdf
>   - ros-kinetic-xacro
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/apt/cache.py", line 194, in __getitem__
>     return self._weakref[key]
>   File "/usr/lib/python3.5/weakref.py", line 131, in __getitem__
>     o = self.data[key]()
> KeyError: 'ros-kinetic-moveit-ros-planning'

> During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/apt/cache.py", line 198, in __getitem__
>     rawpkg = self._cache[key]
> KeyError: 'ros-kinetic-moveit-ros-planning'

> During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/tmp/ros_buildfarm/scripts/devel/create_devel_task_generator.py", line 251, in <module>
>     main()
>   File "/tmp/ros_buildfarm/scripts/devel/create_devel_task_generator.py", line 116, in main
>     get_binary_package_versions(apt_cache, debian_pkg_names))
>   File "/tmp/ros_buildfarm/ros_buildfarm/common.py", line 144, in get_binary_package_versions
>     pkg = apt_cache[debian_pkg_name]
>   File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/apt/cache.py", line 200, in __getitem__
>     raise KeyError('The cache has no package named %r' % key)
> KeyError: "**The cache has no package named 'ros-kinetic-moveit-ros-planning**'"

Is the something wrong with my buildfarm configuration or did I make a mistake in my package.xml?
Or can I somehow refresh the cache

sudo apt-get install ros-kinetic-moveit-ros-planning works fine...

Some hint on possible causes would be helpful even if it is just a guess.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/missconfiguration-leading-to-missing-package/1898/1) or reply to this email to respond.