[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Buildfarm] Missconfiguration leading to missing package?

Alex Gee ros.discourse at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 18:15:31 UTC 2017

Ok, thanks for the quick answer!

Seems that I still lack essential understanding of the buildfarm mechanisms I will try to dig depper into it. But so far I understood that:
- If I currently declare in my package a <build_depend> to moveit_ros_planning the devel job will fail since moveit_ros_planning does currently not build successfully.
- Because it does not build successfully its debian does not appear in http://repositories.ros.org/ubuntu/testing and http://repositories.ros.org/ubuntu/building and therefor can not be apt inside the devel job.
- The result will be that my package won't get "green light" until moveit is fixed and thus I case I would be part of the official buildfarm it would not get included in the official ros release.

Did I get this right so far? The only possible thing is to wait for a fix?

Could I get my package to green using travis as described in: https://github.com/ros-infrastructure/ros_buildfarm/blob/master/doc/jobs/devel_jobs.rst ?

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/missconfiguration-leading-to-missing-package/1898/3) or reply to this email to respond.