[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Buildfarm] Missconfiguration leading to missing package?

Tully Foote ros.discourse at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 18:50:32 UTC 2017

[quote="alex-gee, post:3, topic:1898"]
Did I get this right so far? The only possible thing is to wait for a fix?

Could I get my package to green using travis as described in: https://github.com/ros-infrastructure/ros_buildfarm/blob/master/doc/jobs/devel_jobs.rst ?
[/quote]

It doesn't matter where you run it. If a package that your package depends on is not successfully building, your devel job cannot install all the dependencies, and thus your package cannot be successfully built.

You have a few other options:
 - You can wait for a fix.
 - You can try to help fix the issue in the dependency. On your custom buildfarm you can choose to override versions of packages, such as rollback or patching repos too.
 - You can find a way to eliminate that dependency and then you won't be blocked by it.

Note that we've [rolled back the latest opencv3](https://github.com/ros/rosdistro/pull/15183) release in the main rosdistro and a rebuild is in progress so if that's the only issue blocking your tests, the wait for a fix approach is likely to work in the short term.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/missconfiguration-leading-to-missing-package/1898/4) or reply to this email to respond.