[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] ROS - C++ Development IDE Choice

Rud Merriam ros.discourse at gmail.com
Sat Jun 10 17:14:18 UTC 2017

I've been using Eclipse for C++ and not through CMake. Going to look at CLion mentioned by Alexis in another message since it integrates with CMake. I don't like having to add files to the CMake system that Eclipse already knows about. The trade off hassle is finding the libraries needed for linking. But so far it's worked well for me. I've avoided having to go back and retrofit my builds into CMake.

One semi snide comment is that the best IDE is the one you know.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros-c-development-ide-choice/1907/4) or reply to this email to respond.