[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Computer Vision / Perception] Avoiding Small Obstacles on the Gruond

Rajitha Hathurusinghe ros.discourse at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 05:42:09 UTC 2017

Hello, I am Working on a Differential Driven Robot who has to navigate through a very unstructured environment. One of the Biggest changes faced now is to avoid obstacles with height less than 3cm(~2inches). These Obstacles are :

1.Power Cables.
2.Clothes.
3.Small supportive Structures of Furniture.

As none of the depth sensors we have tried upto date has no capability of measuring heights accurately around this height, my suggestion was to use an image processing based approach to determine the obstacles of this nature. what sort of a methodology would be best for a substantially accurate detection of such an obstacle?

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/avoiding-small-obstacles-on-the-gruond/1939/1) or reply to this email to respond.