[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] ROS - C++ Development IDE Choice

Rob Linsalata ros.discourse at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 16:02:12 UTC 2017

I haven't had a great solution for a while, but I do use Eclipse w/ 'eclipsify' to help get a lot of the references working (still build with catkin tools though).

For anyone using Eclipse (who hasn't already battled to set it up), I highly recommend 'eclipsify' from ethz-asl, to give you a jump-start in creating configured Eclipse projects for your catkin pkgs:
https://github.com/ethz-asl/eclipsify

I just checkout eclipsify (and their other dependency catkin_simple) into my ws, build, and run the tool over a catkin list of the projects I have checked out, and it will generate eclipse projects for you to Import, which start with some good settings they have discovered. You probably want to make a separate '<ws>/projects/' dir to output the projects into, rather than the default '<ws>/devel/', so a clean doesn't blow away your projects.

I still tweak it a bit, but it resolves a lot of the dependencies, which I find one of the most useful IDE features for me personally: I make sure to setup 'Share settings/resources between projects', make sure the C++11 flag is set, and include the /opt/ros/ include+lib dirs for my main projects, to help the resolution along.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros-c-development-ide-choice/1907/13) or reply to this email to respond.