[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [General] Raspberry Pi Camera Node

Rohan Agrawal ros.discourse at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 21:49:08 UTC 2017

Thanks!

We are using the hardware JPEG compression available in the Pi, so getting both compressed and uncompressed images is tricky. Because of this, we only publish the compressed image so that we can continue to take advantage of the hardware.

If you need raw images, for now you will have to run a separate decompression node like so
`rosrun image_transport republish compressed in:=/raspicam_node/image raw out:=/raspicam_node/image` in order to get raw images. Of course these raw images will have the same compression artifacts as the raw image.

If that is not enough for you, please open an issue on you github repo above, and we will try to support your use case.

Rohan

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/raspberry-pi-camera-node/1388/8) or reply to this email to respond.