[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Client Libraries/rosjava] Is rosjava worth using when not using android

Michael McConnell ros.discourse at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 17:04:28 UTC 2017

My team will be starting a large ros project soon. Much of our non-ROS legacy code is written in Java and we are debating how best to integrate ROS. I have some questions which would be helpful in making a decision. What is the usability of rosjava for large projects? It seems to still be in development and has been updated to kinetic, but much of the documentation and discussion around it seems to be a couple of years old. Would anyone recommend it for projects that don't involve android development? Is there a substantial performance impact from using rosjava vs ros-native? Is communication between a rosjava node and a ros-native node difficult? Also does it support tf2? I realize this is quite a bit to ask in one question, but I hope someone can help.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/is-rosjava-worth-using-when-not-using-android/1967/1) or reply to this email to respond.