[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Site Feedback] Local user group category with sub-categories

Tully Foote ros.discourse at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 08:43:00 UTC 2017

[quote="Pyo, post:4, topic:2019"]
I also ask to make a Korean ROS user group as a sub-category.
[/quote]

I've created the category: https://discourse.ros.org/c/local/korea
Can you propose a blurb for the about? https://discourse.ros.org/t/about-the-ros-korea-users-group-category/2024

@gbiggs I've updated it with your suggested blurb.

@youtalk Thanks for the clarification. I've updated the name. I hope this can provide a useful forum for the group.

Please both of you help kick off some discussions to seed the categories. There's little more intimidating than an empty category.

[quote="Pyo, post:7, topic:2019"]
It would be nice to unify the names of the categories like  "ROS Country Users Group".
[/quote]

I'd rather not be prescriptive, but let people choose their own naming pattern. With ROS Japan Users Group and ROS Korea Users Group setting the standard I suspect that others who are interested will do the same. To my ear that template doesn't parse immediately, because it's not the ROS version of the Country User Group, but the Country version of the ROS User Group which is why I originally proposed the transpose.

There are also other levels of regionality that might make sense sometimes big cities have a community. Sometimes states or regions too. See the [regional meetups](http://wiki.ros.org/Events) on the wiki. Sometimes local flair, plays on words can add some levity.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/local-user-group-category-with-sub-categories/2019/8) or reply to this email to respond.