[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] Valter The Robot

Procópio Stein ros.discourse at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 08:42:37 UTC 2017

Wow, that is an amazing robot!!

About your son fears, you can try inviting him to play with Valter,
painting or putting some stickers on it and even asking him to come up with
tasks to Valter, or teaching him how to operate the robot. In other words,
try to make him see it as a toy instead of an entity.

Valter does does looks kinda scary, being big, tall, metalic and we almost
cannot see its eyes. I've read somewhere that large, round and white eyes
provide some comfort for viewers, (eg the usual kids cartoons, animes,
robots as Nao...), even if the other features of a face are not visible
(nose, mouth, ears...).

Cheers.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/valter-the-robot/2066/3) or reply to this email to respond.