[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Client Libraries/rosjava] Is rosjava worth using when not using android

Michael McConnell ros.discourse at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 18:41:45 UTC 2017

After digging into the structure of tf2 more I decided there was not much value in recreating the transform broadcaster. In order to fully utilize tf2 much of the library needs to be recompiled with JNI wrappers. This was done for RosTango 3 years ago, but has not since been maintained. I came across the FrameTransformTree in the ros_geometry package. This tree is compatible with tf2 and provides the same basic query functionality. This can be used with a simple subscriber setup to maintain the transforms from the /tf topic while still using tf2 tools for visualization etc.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/is-rosjava-worth-using-when-not-using-android/1967/11) or reply to this email to respond.