[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Buildfarm] Jenkins 2.60.1 and Script Security plugin

Tully Foote ros.discourse at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 18:51:48 UTC 2017

Yeah, we've done the upgrade and had to click a lot of accepts too.

With the new security restrictions there's two levels of approvals. One for approving methods and the other for approving script content. In our testing we are most of the way to having all the methods explicitly scripted.

Talking with @nuclearsandwich we have a theoretical understanding of how we could use the Jenkins API to automatically whitelist the scripts that are generated, when they are generated. Our useage pattern is not well supported by the tighter security model. So how to do this will take some experimentation.

So in the short term unfortunately there's a lot of manual approvals. :-( The good news is that once you've gotten through the approvals not too many new ones jump up unless there's a change in the generators. And in the long term we definitely want to automate it.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/jenkins-2-60-1-and-script-security-plugin/2094/2) or reply to this email to respond.