[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Buildfarm] Jenkins 2.60.1 and Script Security plugin

gavanderhoorn ros.discourse at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 19:44:24 UTC 2017

thanks for the replies.

[quote="tfoote, post:2, topic:2094"]
So in the short term unfortunately there's a lot of manual approvals. :frowning: The good news is that once you've gotten through the approvals not too many new ones jump up unless there's a change in the generators. And in the long term we definitely want to automate it.
[/quote]

argh, that must've been a lot of clicking. I was hoping to avoid that.

[quote="nuclearsandwich, post:3, topic:2094"]
The ROS 1 buildfarm [..] on Trusty which lacks Java 8
[/quote]

True. I deliberately installed an Oracle JDK as they seem to be more performant. That was already a version 8, so no problems with the new Jenkins. Or at least, until jobs started to fail ..

[quote="nuclearsandwich, post:3, topic:2094"]
There's a seed scriptApproval.xml that the new Xenial based buildfarm masters will start with but as far as I recall manual intervention will still be required for a few jobs. I didn't document which jobs specifically as thoroughly as I wish I had.
[/quote]

O nice. I'm going to see if that resolves some of the endless clicking.

[quote="dirk-thomas, post:4, topic:2094, full:true"]
Since the list of scripts / API to approve only populates incrementally (and some code paths are not utilized often or when no problems are happening) it might be better to start with a full list (copied from the ROS 1 buildfarm): https://gist.github.com/dirk-thomas/808a344462f83bd269f906af0e151b9d
[/quote]

Is that the same list as @nuclearsandwich linked to?

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/jenkins-2-60-1-and-script-security-plugin/2094/5) or reply to this email to respond.