[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] Python pocketsphinx speech recognition (GStreamer free)

Arseniy Gorin ros.discourse at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 20:07:12 UTC 2017

Hi. I come from speech recognition community, and only start experimenting with ROS.

I found several examples of ROS voice control using pocketsphinx. However, they seem a little too complicated, out-dated and also require GStreamer dependency.

I prepared [a simple python demo](https://github.com/gorinars/ros_voice_control) using the latest pocketsphinx-python release. It works in keyword spotting mode, which means better filtering of out-of-vocabulary sounds.

The questions are:
- could it be useful?
- if yes, what is the proper way to integrate it? I debugged it only with turtlebot world simulator, but did not have a chance to try it on anything else

Thanks for the suggestions if any

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/python-pocketsphinx-speech-recognition-gstreamer-free/1405/1) or reply to this email to respond.