[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] Python pocketsphinx speech recognition (GStreamer free)

Arseniy Gorin ros.discourse at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 17:53:06 UTC 2017

Great input! I'll use your project as an example then.

Agree that using ASR onboard is hard. Noise and far-field signal distortions are still challenging unless you have microphone array and some fancy processing.

Adding new words in keyword spotting mode is actually quite easy and can be done on the fly. But yes, for good performance we are limited with a few dozens of phrases..

Again thanks a lot. This was helpful.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/python-pocketsphinx-speech-recognition-gstreamer-free/1405/6) or reply to this email to respond.