[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Maximum amount of publisher / subscriptions per node

Firesurfer ros.discourse at gmail.com
Sat Mar 4 17:29:07 UTC 2017

Thanks for your detailed answer!
I'm going to create my own management class for publisher/subscriptions.

 [quote="wjwwood, post:2, topic:1391"]
I don't think you need to worry about it too much. I'm not 100% certain about the overhead on the network, but you could expect some overhead in memory/cpu usage and possibly some overhead on network due to introspection and discovery processes. However, it would always be better to only create new publisher and subscription instances when you explicitly need a unique one with it's own settings and resources.
[/quote]

As far as I can see every node creates some topics for interacting with a parameter server by default. Can I somehow disable this behaviour ?

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/maximum-amount-of-publisher-subscriptions-per-node/1391/3) or reply to this email to respond.