[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] ROS 2.0 on ARM

Firesurfer ros.discourse at gmail.com
Sat Mar 4 17:36:41 UTC 2017

[quote="rohbotics, post:2, topic:1413"]
I had to use a Ubuntu 16.04 chroot environment, as the Dragonboard only supports Debian. This shouldn't be an issue on the Raspberry Pi for example, as that can run Ubuntu 16.04 natively.
[/quote]

I'm using ROS2 on a standard (x86_64) debian stretch (currently testing). So I guess if you could update your dragonboard to debian stretch you will be able to compile ROS2. I wrote some information about installing/ compiling ROS2 on debian a while ago into the ROS2 wiki. I think they should also work on an ARM based architecture.
Only thing that won't work at the moment without messing around in some cmake files is building the ros2 tests on Debian.

[quote="rohbotics, post:2, topic:1413"]
I had to use a Ubuntu 16.04 chroot environment, as the Dragonboard only supports Debian. This shouldn't be an issue on the Raspberry Pi for example, as that can run Ubuntu 16.04 natively.
[/quote]

I'm running ROS2 on a Raspberry Pi 2 and 3. All I had to do was update Raspbian to Raspbian Testing (The main reason is cmake and gcc)

[quote="rohbotics, post:2, topic:1413"]
Opensplice was problematic, but as Opensplice is no longer supported for ROS2 this shouldn't be a problem.
[/quote]

I switched last summer to FastRtps and it runs much better than open splice.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros-2-0-on-arm/1413/6) or reply to this email to respond.